Wednesday, December 7, 2011

News Weekly- Star Style


One of my guilty pleasures (aside from shoes, ice cream, red wine, etc) is magazines.  I LOVE ‘em!!   For my indulgence this week I’ve just picked up the latest News Weekly Magazine.  A bit of celebrity gossip, check out which star is wearing what, the odd Sudoku, and this week, even a peek inside beautiful Rachael Finch’s fridge! What more could a gal want when you want to chill out. 

I must admit I rather like the Man of the Week article (page 50) “Hellllooo Mark!” but the 13 page Your Go-To Guide For Fashion & Beauty are my favourite pages, a great source of inspiration and ideas for this little fashion blogger.

Star Style Look of the Week immediately caught my eye with stunning Nicole Richie in a summery yellow frock and the most amazing shoes and accessories.   The kind folk in my New Weekly Subscription have even sourced the goods for us, and I am totally hot footing it down to Colette this week to snatch up that bling-fabulous snake bracelet that is featured in this article. The dress and clutch are exact matches too!   I had no idea that these pieces would be so easily accessible and affordable. The images are really clear and colourful with each piece clearly labelled including a phone number or a website making it nearly too easy for me to track those beauties down.

Turn a few pages and my wish list grows again.  Star Style Budget or Blowout, we get to guess which one is pricey and which is the bargain, and I can tell you I was pretty much wrong EVERY time! The bargain options NW magazine have sourced from stores like Diva, ASOS, Colette and Dotti are seriously impressive.  It’s great that we can all play with new trends without breaking the bank.  The gold cuff from Colette is my favourite pick at a mere $13 - now that’s two pieces I’ll be picking up from Colette ; )

These great articles are regulars so I can’t wait to see which celebs are inspiring these articles next issue.

Be eligible to win one of 10 fabulous Hawaiian holiday packages valued at over $12,000 each with Magshop’s Christmas competition. Simply subscribe, renew or treat family and friends to any of the 35 participating titles including NW, The Australian Women’s Weekly, Top Gear Australia, Australian House & Garden, Shop Til You Drop, UFC, Money, and many more.


        
Why not join me on FACEBOOK too...
Would soooo love to see you there!

35 comments:

  1. Hello my dear! You look so nice and relaxed!!!!!Kisses from Greece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, happy day...
    Your look is so cute and the amazinge style I like..
    Kiss.
    http://mary1975.blogs.elle.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you here! I'm totally obsessed with magazines!!!*-*


    xoxo
    Antonia
    FASHION IMPERATIVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, such a great moment when I pick up the monthly magazines and I spend a whole afternoon relaxing while reading them ;)
    Soo jealous you're in summer now, btw !! hahaha
    Big kiss !

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so nice and cute!
    http://thesmallnoble.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like we have the same guilty passions ;)!
    Lens&anythingElse

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the first pic!!! so relaxing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, if you're interested, you can get a look-a-like dress to Nicole's yellow dress on goshcelebrity.com.au. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!
    youre blog is great!
    I'm following now!
    love,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love guilty pleasures! They are usually the best pleasures! And I love your shirt. I'm trying to find a nice light jean button up.... I love that style.
    Luvv, Leigh B

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're rocking the denim on denim!

    www.jbst-wanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw don't you look adorable and comfy. Right there with ya on the magazine obsession! Wish I had some sunshine to enjoy them with.
    ps. You have amaaaazing hair. What do you condition with?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you look so cool and fresh,,, <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agreed on the mags, there's just something about them! And just by looking at those photos I'd love to get the bargain cat-eye sunnies suggested... the ones with the purple tinted lenses! (could never get tired of those :) )

    You look lovely, by the way! Just chilling out in nice weather with a magazine, ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute pictures! My weakness is magazines as well. There is nothing better than being able to curl up with a good magazine for a little while!

    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks a lot for your nice comment :)
    Your style is great!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look great!<3 love the pink shoes in the magazine!<3

    ReplyDelete
  19. This magazine looks great!
    xoxo
    Mónica

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking so comfortable in the sun, reading some gossip magazines. Perfect way to spend an hour or two ;)

    xx
    thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. People and Us are my guilty pleasures. i know i should stop but i can't help it!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh I wish I could sit outside barefoot in the sun to read my fav mags!!! Here its freeeeezin!! Enjoy girlie :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. i havent had time to read a fashion magazine in ages! i miss it so much!! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't bought a magazine for ages, weird considering 4 years ago I use to spend all my allowance on Vogue and Harper's Bazaar when I was 13. Thanks for the comment!

    XXASAB
    New post: TOPSHOP Launch party
    http://angelaseeangelablog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. i so love the denim on denim look and you pull it off perfect! i also love to sit and read a magazine. doesn't happen that much lately, but it's such a relaxing treat when i get to!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Denim on denim. Win win.

    xz

    www.sangeetatatiana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your outfit. Perfect styling and you look so relaxed. I take it Melbourne is finally getting some sun.

    www.findmeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. love your look so relax!!!

    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    http://keepintouchwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love magazines too, never read news weekly though, must check it out. you look relaxed in your picture

    http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. great post!
    it's always great to find another melbournian blogger, now following xx

    we run a street fashion blog in melbourne's cbd, would love if you could check it out and let us know what you think- aestheticjungle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello girly !

    Love your blog..ill be dropping by often

    Im also new to blogger and would love if you would check out my blog leave a comment or follow me..

    Xoxo
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look so gorgeous here in the sunnnnnnnnshine!!

    Love, love, love magazines, I'm a total sucker for them

    xox

    ReplyDelete