Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Live North

   
 
 
 
Shirt- Country Road (similar here)
Pants- Sportsgirl (similar here, and here)
Sunnies- Sunnies.com.au
Shoes- Steve Madden (similar here)
Silver heart earrings- Dorothy & Evelyn

These last couple of weeks I've been on assignment with Live North to shop the inner Northern suburbs in Melbourne.  When I first moved to Melbourne in 2007, I quickly began exploring all the different regions but as you do, we eventually settled into our favourite spots and local hangs; so this has been a great excuse to visit a few areas that I haven't for a while, or never!  I think when looking for a place to live, you want to love the local street and there really are some fantastic strips in the inner North.  So many great cafes, restaurants and bars, galleries and of course amazing fashion and shopping!

Lets start with Brunswick St, Fitzroy.  What a great street!  Somewhere I regularly visit myself, as well as often bring friends or family from out of town.  It's alternative and interesting with great people watching, there a heaps of great cafes and fun shops to poke around.  Fashion wise there are some great second hand clothes stores such as Shag, as well as boutiques; you'll also find Life With Bird and Gorman here.  The graffiti in this suburb is awesome to, I love to meander the streets here. Gertrude St, Fitzroy is another fabulous street to mosey along, more great cafes and quirky stores.
 
 Next to Lygon St, Carlton or 'Little Italy'.  I'd really only been to this street to eat of an evening but it really is a great shopping street.  There's a lot of my favourites, Country Road, Seed, Witchery, Mimco, Trenery, and Sportsgirl.  I found the service fantastic plus the coffee on this strip is fantastic.  This is where I found my outfit that I'm wearing above.

Off to Smith St, Collingwood, this is much grungier compared to Bruswick St and Lygon St.  Even the cafes are a little quirkier here I think. There are heaps of op shops and second hand clothing stores, so for those of you who love vintage, and have a knack for finding treasures this is the street for you.

High St, Northcote is an area I haven't been to before.  There is an awesome toy and childrenswear shop named Big Dreams where I bought a pure wool beanie for my son Ash.  Again, there are more second hand and op shops on this strip as well as small boutiques, and alternative medicine places.  I found the earrings I'm wearing above on this strip at a little shop called Dorthy & Evelyn.

Clifton Hill has a very pleasant main street.  The cafes here are overflowing for breakfast/lunch, there is a great fruit shops and a few interesting stores to poke around which have original and unique jewellery, as well as homewares.

Now to the best bit, Live North are giving you the chance to...
WIN the Ultimate Northside Experience, valued at over $4000!!

All the details HERE at the Live North website






5 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I love the pairing of sexy on the bottom and casual on the top - stunning.

    http://fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun area, everything is so picturesque! And I love your outfit, very casual-chic.
    Nic
    www.salvageandstoneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Australia, I would like to go but it's difficult for me to go at the moment. I lov your pants and shoes.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete