Monday, July 23, 2012

WIN a night out at the Crown- Melbourne

 

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of a night out at The West End at Crownthe brand new destination for dining and entertainment in the heart of Melbourne.

Now here's the tip, check in on arrival at each of the West End venues using The West End iPhone app to access special offers and rewards.  My offers for the night were 20% off all Cocktails at Lumina, and $15 Burger + Pint at The Merrywell. SCORE! 

Typically starving after a long day at work we started our night at brand new restaurant The Merrywell.  Its two international chefs have managed to capture the essence of the 'classic pub meal' and reinvent it to gastronomic pub perfection using the best of local seasonal produce.  Walking past the mouth watering burgers downstairs, we headed upstairs to 'The Top of The Merrywell' where we sunk our teeth into a Seafood Tower followed by Soy Honey Rotisserie Duck for myself, and the Grandma Grecco's Chicken Parma for my husband.  Not to forget dessert- Chai Creme Brulee topped with milk chocolate and served in the most fabulous little jar- yum!  All washed down with a lovely red wine which I chose purely based on its name 'The Idiot' : ) Culinary comfort food at its best!

Next stop was the centre point of The West End- Lumia.  The perfect place to indulge in a cocktail or two, check out the action on the adjacent gaming floor, and be mesmerized by the stunning crystal chandelier.  Be sure to sample a signature Shrub cocktail.

Across the way from the Lumia I spotted The Common Room, filled with 12 TV screens it is the place to catch local and international sport action, live performances and comedy acts.

The final venue at The West End worth dropping by is Cotta.  With a great Cafe feel it’s ideal for lunch or that caffeine fix.


------------

GIVEAWAY!!
WIN a $100 West End voucher

To enter:
Tell me who you would take for a night out at The West End in a comment below. 
Be sure to leave your email address.

This giveaway closes 5pm on 27 July 2012.  
Good luck!
ALSO, I want to announce a Nuffnang Network competition worth $2,000! You and a friend can WIN a trip to Melbourne to explore the West End and stay at the luxurious Crown Towers- flights, accommodation, meals and transport is all included.  Amazing!!
Find all the details HERE.


BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST |



23 comments:

  1. Looks like a stunning place! that last photo is amazing.

    I would take my dad since he's coming from Dubai soon to attend my graduation :)

    http://www.sevenautumnleavesblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great the place, and the food delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photos look fab! Merrywell is amazing!

    I'd take my boyfriend just to spoil him rotten and have him all to my self!! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would take my fiancee to spoil both us and have a lovely meal without stressing about wedding budgets.

    Lynda Kitchin
    lyndakitchin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would like take my sister there ;-)
    she has a husband and i have a boyfriend, but i wit my sister still dream about own trip :)

    madzia3991@interia.eu

    ReplyDelete
  6. kita1986@interia.pl

    I would like take my sister. We dream about trip to Malediwy, but this is too expensive for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these photos! Looks like you visited some really nice places!

    www.theionfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun, and the food looks scrumptious! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool!!!
    would love for you to check out my new post

    http://fashionblends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an amazing night views there!! i wish i can go visit there sometimes~~

    love your photos!! :) once again, thank you so much for your comment! and i hope you stop by my blog sometimes again!

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to take one of my parents to The West End. Have called home in Ireland after every visit to tell them how good the food is!

    Baring them, I would have to take my partner! She loves the Merrywell as much as I do and would kill me if I took someone else!!

    emmet_472@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice one Melbourne, another great spot! I love the coloured balloon (grapes!) in the wine menu. Cute touch. Chai Creme Brulee, yummo!

    I would love to take my friend Anna out for a great dinner. She is the woman who encouraged and inspired me to follow my dream to be a theatre designer. For giving me the gift of realizing what I love and that anything is possible. A friend forever, she deserves to be spoiled!

    xx
    Jenelle
    jenellewitty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI :) Thank you so much for your nice comment you left on my blog!!
    xoxo Lola

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely post and a great blog ,maybe we could follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog!The photography is so cool. You had created your own distinct style on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos - and count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Michelle it looks awesome and I think we almost got a glimpse of your husband in one of those shots ;) he is camera-shy like mine!

    I would actually give the voucher to 2 very good girlfriends of mine for a night of fun. They both live in Melbourne and one has the most terribly broken heart right now :(

    ♥ ThankFifi
    thankfifi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for making us travel with you through your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the fire show at Crown! I would take my parents because they deserve a much needed night. My dad is the sort who rarely ventures out for a night out of town, so I think this would be a lovely treat for him take a break and experience some fun!

    katie_eve8@hotmail.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures!!!
    XOXO

    http://www.princessmartha.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd take my sister. It's our birthdays soon (we're both born in the same month) and I think it would make a great double birthday present. The food sounds fabulous and I wouldn't mind trying out 'the Idiot' myself ;)

    iwannamoo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete