Friday, April 5, 2013

It's a boy!


I am so pleased to introduce you to my brand new little fellow... 
baby Ashley!

This dear little boy arrived exactly 1 week early at 3.18pm on Monday 25 March weighing 3.12kg (6.9 pounds), 49 cm long and perfect in every way!!  You can see more piccies on Instagram or Facebook : )

My waters broke in the early hours of Sunday (the night I took these pics!!) and then labour kicked in about midday on Sunday.  It all went as smoothly as I could've hoped for with a fantastic midwife and obstetrician. I then had 4 wonderful nights in hospital falling head over heels for my little lamb.  If you had ever told me I would be content to be confined to a single room with a newborn for that long I would've thought you crazy, but it really was the best and there was nowhere in the world I would've rather have been.  My husband was able to stay overnight as well, and with lovely meals delivered and helpful midwives it was a great introduction to motherhood.

Today, 5 April, also marks my husband and my 10th wedding anniversary! I can't believe how time flies, it's been a fabulous 10 years and now there are three of us I've no doubt there will be many more fabulous years to come.  Anyways, I'll share some more on that, and perhaps some wedding piccies another day : )







31 comments:

  1. Double congratulations on the new addition to your family and also your wedding anniversary. I hope you, baby and his Daddy are all well.

    Take care

    Lotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! what a handsome fellow! =)

    XOXOJOANNIE
    ANURBAN-EXPLORER.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations lovely!!! such a beautiful lil bub :)


    www.bowiebowie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy and on your 10 year anniversary. Wishing all 3 of you health, happiness and success!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a handsome fellow! Becoming a parent is pretty awe-inspiring, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratualtions! He s such a cutie!
    I have a girl, ten months old, and I'm posting often about her :))

    ***

    amolusso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you and your family! Motherhood is the best feeling in the world. Enjoy your time with your beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle,

    Congratulations to you and your husband for this bundle of joy.Your family is now complete and this new chapter will bring you lots of joy and joyful moments.Your baby is gorgeous,god bless your beautiful family.


    xoxo
    carina
    myfashionarchive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulacios it,s beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to you both! What a sweet little guy! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations from Bosnia&Herzegovina! What a beautiful baby boy :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, congratulations lovely! ashley is just beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww congratulations lovely. He's so beautiful! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations on your little bundle of joy. We hope you're both well and happ :)

    X
    mkstyleramblings.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!! What a gift...
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATULATIONS Michelle! I'm so happy for you and hubby!! Hope to come visit you too!
    And congratulations on 10 years of being married- what a milestone! Plus you look so young!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! It really is the best thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, look how gorgeous and sweet your new baby boy is.
    Congrats again sweetheart!
    Szzi x
    For the Love of Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, I´m so glad everything went well :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATULATIONS!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations. Bub is absolutely gorgeous. Hope you and bub have a super quick recovery.

    And happy wedding anniversary too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Michelle,
    Congratulations on the arrival of your gorgeous little boy!!! How adorable! I hope he is settling in to the world well and you are enjoying lots of newborn cuddles!!
    xxDelia
    www.whatshouldiwear.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations, Michelle!! He is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats!!!

    xx Oksana
    http://makeupbyoksana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats Michelle! I had a baby boy as well :) Overdue and well cooked - he is gorgeous.

    Your little man is adorable and congrats on the 10 year anniversary as well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations and I would like to warmly welcome your new member.

    ReplyDelete