Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hamilton Island 'baby moon'

Pics taken at the resort, Catseye Beach, Whitehaven Beach, Whitsundays, Hamilton Island marina and Hamilton Island look out.

I thought I would share a few of my pics from our trip to Hamilton Island a couple of weeks ago for our babymoon.  Such a beautiful place and immaculatently kept.  The water (pool and ocean) were so wonderfully warm and we hardly left the water the whole time we were there.  Golf buggies are the main mode of transport around the island- there are soooooo many and the couple of rides we got in them were quite fabulous!  Breakfast was most certainly the best meal of the day, and with a view to match (only just realised my belly was poking into the photo above- bah ha ha).

We stayed at the Beach Club (no kids allowed) and were just a hop, skip and a jump from the beach and the pool which was so perfect.  One day we took a day trip out on a big catamaran, sailing through the beautiful Whitsundays to Whitehaven Beach which is just sooooo stunning! (The pics don't do it justice).  And for a spot of snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.  The waves on the way out were pretty full on and I was decidedly sea sick : / But the crew looked after me and sat me down up the back of the boat, eyes on the horizon and brought me cup after cup of ice to suck on- seemed to help : )  Thankfully sea sickness does pass as soon as one is on solid ground and the trip back was smooth sailing- phew.

  Whenever I was in the ocean I had to wear a head to toe stinger suit, not terribly sexy, nor good for ones tan but it wasn't worth the risk to bub to get stung!  Quite hilarious with me in the extra big suit to fit over the baby bump and long sleeves and legs to drag around- heh heh.  We did see quite a few so it was worth wearing!  I did have an adventure on a stand up paddle board (SUP) one day too- a fellow I passed on the beach mentioned there were turtles playing out near a buoy so naturally 7 month pregnant me grabbed a board and off I went.  Except the ocean did have other plans and as much as I paddled in the direction I wanted to go, I was being whisked rather quickly out to sea via a rocky outcrop and starting to get a tad panicky! Thankfully a lifesaver spotted me and drove out on the jet boat to save me.  Never did get to see those turtles ; )

The countdown continues!




14 comments:

  1. oh wow!! this place looks so fabulous and you look amazing, especially in that green dress!

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics!
    thank so much for your comment :)
    regards from Spain,


    heartbeat blog



    ReplyDelete
  3. love that green dress. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your photos are gorgeous! Just what I needed on this rainy day here. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your belly! you look so great! Looks like you had so much fun!

    lovethegardners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how cute are you mommy to be :)


    xo
    Maggie A.
    Love Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute! 1. gla dyou didnt get stung, 2. lovely photos!

    Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg im so jealous ! it looks fantastic and you look sooo cute!!!!!
    lot of love.
    www.julsjollypop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh what a perfect babymoon - I'm cursing that we didn't go on one and now I'm too heavy to be bothered to get up anywhere lol :D

    You look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had some fun at the beach! The scenery is definitely beautiful and serene =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great holiday !! love your blog...

    http://hidinginheaven.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking gorgeous and lovely photos - makes me sad thinking summer is almost over!

    Micah x

    rawwblog.com



    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning photos, and you look so glam.. ;) x

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just ran into your blog and fell for these pictures! Would you mind saying what camera you use??
    Thanx and lots of blessings to you and your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete